Machin Study Group
Inaugural Meeting Feb. 1, 2011
Record of the Program:
1. Garfield welcomed everyone and asked those present, in turn, to introduce themselves and comment on their current status of collecting Machins, their frustrations encountered and their expectations of these meetings.
2. Garfield introduced the Deegam Catalogue, the basic system and the numbering system.
3. It was decided that we should look at the 20 criteria set out in Simplifying the Machins found on Robin Harris’ adminware website. ( www.adminware.ca/machin ) A spirited discussion followed and lasted for the rest of the meeting.
4. A Q&A session followed and it was agreed that we need to start with a common terminology so we can communicate easily.
5. It was decided that everyone should download and read the 16-page outline of the 20 criteria as mentioned above. Members were asked to write down their questions for the next meeting so we can make sure we are using the same language to discuss issues. 6. All attendees congratulated Garfield on stick handling through our first session. Everyone appreciated his leadership in getting the study group started.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Don H. to provide the cookies.